Countdown

Sunday, May 6, 2012

5/6/12

So I ran 8 miles yesterday.  It's been a couple weeks since I've had a long run.  I set out at about 7:15am and it was pretty nice & cool out.... 67degrees.  But by the time I got to mile 6, it was hot and shade was fading away.  I did get up earlier than normal, so that was good, but not early enough.  I debated in my head for about 15 minutes before I actually got up.  Really need to work on that.  But other than that, I am proud of myself.  I improved my time since the last 8 miler I ran by 7 minutes!  I downed a GU at mile 5, and even though mile 6 - 8 was almost unbearably hot, I was running quick spurts of about a 10:30 pace.

I also joined a challenge on dailymile.  I'm running 50 miles in May.  This should be attainable since I ran 49 miles in March.  I figured this will also keep me focused and motivated.  The next couple weeks will be rough at work and classes start again tomorrow, so it will be tough, but it is attainable.  I've logged 13 miles so far, so just 37 to go!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment