Countdown

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Impacts 5/8/12

A student came in to my office today to discuss his file.  He had been in my office before and had commented on the two half marathon medals I have in my office.  He told me that everything in my office was an inspiration!  I felt proud!  Today he told me that he is looking to do his first 5k!  I couldn't believe that I had made an impact on him in that way.  He said the last time he was in my office he decided that he would give running a try and has been training steadily for a 5k.  It was really great to hear that!   

Then I started to wonder why I run.  It can be boring sometimes.  It can be frustrating.  It can be torturous.... 
So why do I do it?

I do it because I love to explore.  I can run anywhere.  I love that runner's high... rhythmed breathing, feeling so light and having that ever so slight stitch in my side.  I love when people appreciate what it takes to run. Running makes me feel like a bad ass.  Why yes, I can run 13.1 miles.  :-)  Add all that to inspiring someone to run.... wow.  Now why would I not run?        

     

No comments:

Post a Comment