Countdown

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!! 5/11/12

Happy (early) Mother's Day!! 
First week of classes is almost down in the books.  It was a very crazy start to the quarter.   Apparently, Blackboard released an update and not everything was working properly.  Meetings for both of my classes did not happen and we had to form groups and get some homework done, so there was a lot of chaos this first week.  I always expect some bumps in the beginning, but this start was just stressful.
Ugh, and my running suffered this week.  I ran a measly two miles that was just awful.  Work was also exhausting, but I don't like using that as an excuse.  
So next week, to get myself back on track, my goal is to run just 3 days and work in a spin class and CXWorks.  This should be a goal I can easily meet. 
I'm spending too much time debating on whether or not to get up at 4:30am once a week to make it to the 5:15am spin class.  I am not a morning person.  There's nothing worse than being jolted awake by an alarm clock...  accept being jolted awake and have to stay awake to make a gym class.  But, I would rather attempt the 5:15am class, than rush to the 5:15pm class, miss it and then have to wait for the 6:15 class and get home late.  Yes, folks, that has happened and I think I'm a tad crankier when that happens than just getting up early once a week.   
So this week I will attempt  wake up at 4:30am (groan) on Monday to knock it out. 
Here's my workout schedule for the week:

Monday: Spin Class
Tuesday: Run 3 miles, CXWorks
Wednesday: Rest (Strength)
Thursday: Run 4 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Run 8 miles
Sunday: Rest


 

No comments:

Post a Comment