Countdown

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3/14/12

Last night I did my tempo run.  It took me some time to find my right pace since I have not run a 5k in quite awhile.  I decided to do 2 miles at tempo and figured I'd start at about a 12:15 pace.  Well, that was actually too slow so I spent the next few mins trying to find the right pace.  At some points, I was running around a 10 min pace, which I know was too fast, but my Garmin was also still adjusting.  I think 11:30 is going to be my starting point next tempo run.  I finished the 2 miles in a little over 23 mins. 


I also did CXWorks last night and I'm starting to notice a difference in my strength.  They are getting "easier" to do.  We do lots of planks, bicycle crunches, and shoulder work and I usually end up with a knot in my stomach.  It's a great feeling! 
Here is one of the exercises that really works me out.  This guy makes it look easy!



I have signed up for a 5k in April and I'm very excited.  I don't think I'll be breaking a PR, but at least I am motivated again.

The exam I took the other day had a couple errors on it.  Two questions were marked wrong when they should have been right.  The instructor acknowledged the error and is working to fix it, so that is a good thing.  This quarter, so far, has been less stressful than the last.  Don't get me wrong, it is still a lot of work though.  I have to say though, the hardest class last quarter was my favorite.  I felt I learned a lot about organizational structure and leadership.     

No comments:

Post a Comment