Countdown

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Planning a half

I need to plan a half marathon before the full.  It has to be one close enough to drive to over a weekend and at least 3 weeks out from the full that I can recover.  So with that in mind, I have two I'm considering.

1.  Rock n Roll Savannah Half Marathon- Nov 3. 
The one thing I do not like about this is that the hotels are charging at least 30% more over the weekend and I find it ironic that they "negoiated" discounts with the hotels on already jacked up prices.  Grrr.  Of course, I could stay out of town, but that means getting to the start line will involve additional planning and probably lots of stress.  This is also the more expensive option overall.  BUT, I've always wanted to do a Rock n Roll event.... 

2.  Running for the Bay- Oct 21.
Inexpensive, but lodging may be a problem.  Only a couple nearby major hotels, a few bed and breakfasts and vacation rentals. 

Decisions, decisions.

1 comment: