Countdown

Saturday, March 3, 2012

What's the blog about?

I'll admit... sometimes I think I have an S on my chest.  You know, the red S on the blue & yellow background?  I think you know what I'm talking about....

I think I am Superwoman. 

I started running about three years ago with the sole intention of completing a 5k.  I was hooked on running after that.  A marathon was added to my bucket list, but I was in for a long journey.  I had never been very active, much less a runner until that point.  I completed 2 half marathons within a month of each other in 2011.  After that second half-marathon in April 2011, I figured I give myself a break from running and before I knew it, I was enrolled in an MBA program by that July.  My "break" turned out to be longer than I thought as I struggled to find time for family, friends, school, and life.  I missed running.

So, now that I'm 9 months into an 18 month MBA program, why not throw a marathon in the mix??  Why not one that just so happens to be on the last day of my MBA program?  Did I mention that the program requires me to take 2 courses every 8 weeks?  How about that I work full-time?  I'm sure that I mentioned I have family and friends in all this.  Can I do this?  Yes, I can.  I am Superwoman.

During these next 9 months, I might yell.  I will probably curse at innocent bystanders myself.  I might even cry.  But on November 25, 2012, I will become Mitzi, M.B.A. and Marathoner.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome good for you girl! Glad you are blogging again too :)

    ReplyDelete