Countdown

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gasparilla photos and Weekly Training

I hate race pics.  Very rarely do they turn out decent for me.  Usually, I look like I'm half dead, constipated, or I have, as a friend called, it "Einstein hair"....




All in good fun, I suppose.  My Gasparilla finish pic was the best out of this bunch.  




(photo credit: marathonfoto.com)           

I never buy race pics, but they are fun to look at.  I would have bought the ones from a half last year, but they all looked terrible.  Hopefully my marathon finish photo turns out good.... but after 26.2 miles, I can't hope for much.  

I didn't get to jog last night.  There were several issues at work I was dealing with and I had to catch up on some assignments for school as well.  It was also my late night at work, so I was exhausted when I got home.  To make up for it, I will do my CXWorks tonight at the gym (core training) and then run 3 miles after that.  I'm normally pretty pumped after CX, so I should have a boost of energy. 

My training plan is for the next 3 months to build up my running base again to where I was last year- distance wise.  If I'm not quite as fast, that's ok.  The longest distance I had ever run was 16 miles.  I felt like felt like dying, but I did it.  :-)  Then for the next 5+ months, I will be working on getting up to the marathon distances.  I haven't really laid out that plan yet... whether I will try to run 26 miles at least once, or only 20-22 miles as some plans say to do.  

Here is what I do have planned for my weekly training:
Today:  CXWorks, 3 mi run
Wed: 3-4 mi run
Thurs: Spinning, CXWorks
Friday: Rest
Saturday: CXWorks
Sunday: 6 miles

All of this I will be working around my school schedule.  I have an exam, a quiz, and a paper due. 




  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment