Countdown

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cheating. Wow. 3/29/12

While googling away one day, I came across ads on craiglist requesting the help of MBA grads.  Curious, I clicked on a couple of them.  One person was offering $500 a month for "a project" that consisted of one course every 8 weeks.  The other offered $10/ hr to complete case studies for an MBA class.  I'm not shocked really.... this has been happening even before the digital age.  But it is just really sad. 

First, let me say that I would NOT do this program over again for the benefit of someone else.  I will earn my degree for myself, not for anyone else.  Five hundred dollars a month is not enough to give up family time, weekends, personal time, (sleep) all over again.  Maybe there is a poor, desperate soul out there who might consider this offer, but would you want this poor desperate soul to do your homework?  Then what if they suck and you end up failing the course?  You'll be out $1500+ dollars for the course, then if you paid that person already, that money too.  

Second, if you made it to grad school just to cheat your way through it, what kind of professional person are you?  I see these types of people as the ones who get fired or laid off regularly.  It is not just a matter of getting a degree to get a position, you must also be able to perform in it as well. 

I'll get off my soapbox now.

In other news, I'm disgusted with Celebrity Apprentice.  Trump had the chance to fire the tyrant in the last episode, Aubrey, on the womens team, but he chose someone else.  And when she was told her team lost, she bawled.  Really?  Maybe I'm too tough, but I can't stand crying because you lost at something.  Suck it up!  So I'll be catching the recaps instead every week and maybe if/ when she's fired I'll watch it again.  :-)  And I say I don't watch reality tv.  lol



   









  

1 comment: