Countdown

Sunday, March 18, 2012

3/18/12

Well, after weighing the pros & cons of each half, I decided to go with Running for the Bay; mostly because of cost.  I researched each race and both are fairly new.... RFTB is in it's 3rd year and Savannah will be in its 2nd.  Both received bad reviews their inaugural year, and that is to be expected.  But it seems that RFTB improved it's second year, so hopefully it will be even better this year.  The medal for RFTB is awesome!  I can't wait to add it to my collection.  There are many RR Marathon events throughout the year, so maybe next year I will run one. 

As for training this past week, it went ok.  I went for a 4 mile run Friday after work.  I was feeling a little sluggish, so I took a caffeine pill instead of drinking coffee just to pep me up.  Well, I should've eat a little something too.  I felt GREAT half way through the run!  I had so much energy and I thought I could run the entire thing.  But soon enough, I started getting dizzy and felt super hungry so I had to walk most of the way back.  Blah.  I'm planning on running tonight- 5 miles.    

This week, I've got a full week ahead.  I have my usual school work (quiz and paper due) plus another exam.  :-/  I'm hoping I'll get it all done before the weekend as I have a 10k trail race this weekend.  This quarter is just about half way over already.  Time has gone by so fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment