Countdown

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

O-M-Geee 3/20/12

Looking at my ticker, I'm 5 days away from being in the 7 month range of my goals.  7 months.  Wow! 

Today I ran a 4 miler, including a mile WU and CD.  I started off facing the sun.  Yuck.  The first mile sucked.  I could feel my energy draining.  I looked across the street and there was more shade there, so I turned around and went back.  SO MUCH BETTER!  The heat has always been my enemy.  I know the heat will slow me down and its going to be uncomfortable, but I just fall apart when faced with it.  I've got to start getting up early now that the heat is here and do my runs in the morning.  Plus, I hate doing them in the evening as I would rather be home at that time.  Once I can get used to getting up early again, it's not a problem.  It's like when I used to stay up all night in high school.  If you can make it through that point where you want to close your eyes & sleep, you can stay up all night.  I know.... I'm a little crazy. 

I haven't stayed up all night since those days and don't really care to, but, I do want to learn to sleep 4-5 hrs a night and still feel good the next day.  But that's a story for another day.  lol

So anyways, the next 2 miles were wonderful!  I had negative mile splits: 12:25, 12:00, 11:53.  The last .20 mile, I was running at about a 9 mile pace!  What a great feeling!

Nothing new on the school forfront.  Classes are going well, I have an exam and paper due.  Tomorrow I plan to work on the paper and study.  I also plan to run at least 3 miles and maybe make it into a tempo run.   

1 comment: