Countdown

Monday, March 26, 2012

DWD and Crafty stuff 3/26/12

Ta-Da!  Here is the little gem I've been working on.  I bought paper mache letters a very, very long time ago with this intentions of completing this little project.  I used scrapbook paper of my favorite things to cover the letters and then bought a hat rack to hang the medals.  The R is sunflowers, U is leopard print and the N is fall leaves.  Here's a close up. 
Fun stuff!

So, last Saturday, I ran Dances with Dirt with Jenny.  It was a 10k trail race and super tough. (think mud, sand, thick brush).  My ankles are still a bit sore and my knee as well, but it definitely feels like I got a good work out.  We finished in 1:31.  Around mile 4.5, I started to feel a little beat, but Jenny and I encouraged each other through the race.  The last half mile or so was in full sunshine, but I was feeling better by then so we were able to finish strong.  We had to follow blue-flags throughout the course and a couple times I zoned out and almost went the wrong way.... good thing Jenny was there or I would be lost! lol  It was a great time.  I'll definitely be back next year for a longer distance.



I uncovered this surprise when I took my shoes off at home!

1 comment: